Trapped: Netflix Film

This film really hit a nerve not because of a personal experience but because of my own beliefs on life. The film is based on the topic of abortion and the individuals involved whether it be the people against it, the people getting the abortion done, or the people doing the procedure. This film was getting into the facilities and filming what the rooms for the procedure looks like and even getting the story from the individuals who worked in these facilities and their side of what its like to work there when they are unable to make appointments because of the laws being passed. People in this society are making these laws to make it more and more difficult for these procedures to take place. There was one part of the film that attracted my attention the most, there was a 13 year old girl who was gang banged and was trying to book an appointment but because of everything that was happening and that they couldnt book her appointment for that day, they had to turn this poor child away. That to me is outrageous, this child now has to go and have a child just because of some horrible men decided to abuse her and she wasn’t given the opportunity to take care of it. No child asks to be put in this world, and i 100% feel like it is the women’s right to her body. I understand other individuals stand on its everyone’s right to life but at the same time by not allowing these women to choose in a way we are basically taking away that woman’s right to her own life. I understand this is a touchy subject for a lot of people but i just felt a need to share my opinion on this film since it hit home so much.

3 thoughts on “Trapped: Netflix Film

• March 6, 2017 at 8:30 pm
    Permalink

That sounds like a very interesting film, I love films that have such a controversial topic. I used to be very against abortions before because I read this article that had many disturbing images of fetuses, developed limbs, and it was so sad and scary. I always wondered how a woman can do that but as I got older, I heard so many stories of women who had abortions, and after hearing their reasoning for it, my opinion changed. It’s a touchy subject where I feel like there’s a right or wrong to both sides. If you start looking at a fetus as a living and breathing person, I can see why people would consider it murder, especially if the pregnancy is caused by casual sex, lack of protection, etc. but if you hear certain situations of women who have been raped and/or abused, forcing her to bring this unwanted child would cause more damage. I feel it’s hard to strongly be on one side or another because each situation is different, so opinions vary from situation to situation. One thing I feel strongly about is that men should not have any authorities to pass laws against or for abortion, it is the woman’s body at the end of the day, it is her who is going to have to go through the pregnancy, it is her who will have to deal with the consequences, so personally, I cannot stand when men are against abortions, or are in charge of passing laws that have to do with abortions. The thirteen year old girl who was a victim of a gang rape that you wrote about, that was absolutely not her fault for becoming pregnant so that’s horrible that they couldn’t give her an appointment. Rape is something you try to repress, and maybe every time she looks at that child, she will remember it and grow hatred towards the child, then there will be two victims, the girl and her child.

Reply
  • March 11, 2017 at 9:13 pm
    Permalink

I definitely agree with you on the view you have that women should have the right to decide what to do with their pregnancies. Just for the simple fact that I don’t believe a child should be brought into this world to struggle or be unwanted that’s worse than an abortion in my opinion. Yea, it’s a horrible thing to do but sometimes it’s just the better option. I’m going to have my child when I’m already working my career, have my own place and I know I’m going to provide for my kid to live a comfortable and struggle free life. These laws being passed are dumb because condoms break, girls are raped, mistakes happen and they shouldn’t be forced to give birth to a kid.

Reply
  • March 28, 2017 at 6:44 pm
    Permalink

now writing this as a man I realize that my opinion should mean nothing as I have not and never will carry a child, however as most probably know oddly enough it seems men are the entire force behind reproductive rights for whatever *cough* misogynistic need to control women’s bodies *cough*. Now as for me I see it much like how I see food. Now I may not like cheese and think its the devils work but that doesn’t stop other people from having the right to eat it. Because I can eat it and shouldn’t doesn’t mean that my needs affect everyone else. Someone eating cheesecake for example while disgusting to me doesn’t force me to have any or change my burger into it. Now thats just the mind ya dam business portion of this the other is the more scientific right to autonomy which is randomly *cough* misogynistic need to control women again *cough* taken out of the argument for this. Now I have a friend with only one kidney, if she was to start to lose her only kidney now no force on this earth could force me to give her mine. Mind you id do it anyway but the fact is that my decision weather to give her my organ or not to is completely up to me. It is in-fact illegal to force anyone to use their body for the sustainability of another. If for example the president got shot and I was the only blood match in the world that could save him I have every right t0 say nope not happening drag race is on tonight and I’m not missing it and let him die. Now the morality of that choice might be debatable but the law is the law. It has always fascinated me that other people have such a need to cause harm to others because of something that doesn’t affect them. Or as I said in my first sentence that a mans opinion on women reproductivity should hold any water because 1)They sure as hell are not the ones carrying it and 2)More likely than not they ant gonna pay for college. So as her royal majesty RuPaul says “Unless they gonna pay your bills, pay them bitches no mind”

Reply